B. and Henry R. Helmle
Illinois Light Company
Circa 1924- The
Central Illinois Light Company Building is a
rectangular block lot 80 feet by 100 feet three story
Classical Revival building done in the Beaux Arts
Tradition style of architecture. The 4th
Street fašade has larger openings to display the
electrical appliances the company would have shown in
the 1920’s. A grand marquee marked the entry on Capitol
Avenue with cresting and other classical detailing.
Stone Doric pilasters surround the large windows at the
base of the building.