Springfield Historic Sites - Old State Capitol
Home  ›   Photo Gallery  ›   Lyon/Rosenwald House
Lyon/Rosenwald House

 

Lyon/Rosenwald House

413 South 8th Street
Springfield, IL

The Lyon House was constructed ca. 1850s.  In 1860, the house was occupied by Henson Lyon, his son Thomas, Huldah Burge and her three children, and Miss H. M. Sotches.  Lyon was a retired farmer and land speculator.  There are no historic photos of this property.  The Lyon House was restored prior to NPS acquisition.  The Lyon House contains LIHO Administration offices.  Located in the Lincoln Home National Historic Site (LIHO).  Telephone number 217-492-4241.  This house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.