Present owner: U.
S. Dept. of Interior, National Park Service, Lincoln
Built in 1859, the
house was the residence of Jesse K. DuBois until 1864.
DuBois was State Auditor and a neighbor of Abraham
Lincoln. He was also a close friend of Lincoln, and
named his son after him. It is now a museum structure,
located in the National Park Service, Lincoln Home Site.