The Dean House was
constructed ca. 1850s. In 1860, the house was owned and
occupied by Harriet Dean, a divorcee who was involved in
teaching and gardening, and whose only son, Frederick,
had recently moved to St. Louis. There are no historic
photos of this property. The Dean House contains
storage in the basement, exhibits on the first floor and
LIHO Operations offices on the second floor. Located in
the Lincoln Home National Historic Site (LIHO).
Telephone number 217-492-4241. This house is listed on
the National Register of Historic Places.