Springfield Historic Sites - Old State Capitol
Home  ›   Photo Gallery  ›   Cook House
Cook House

Cook House

508 South 8th Street
Springfield, IL

The Cook House was constructed ca. 1850s with subsequent additions in the 1880s.  In 1860, the house was rented by Mrs. Sarah Cook, a widow, who lived there with five family members and two renters.  There are no historic photos of this property.  The Cook House was restored in 1991.  The Cook House is a leased structure.  Located in the Lincoln Home National Historic Site (LIHO).  Telephone number 217-492-4241. This house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.