Springfield Historic Sites - Old State Capitol
Home  ›   Photo Gallery  ›   Charles Arnold House
Charles Arnold House


Charles Arnold House


810 East Jackson Street
Springfield, IL

Charles Arnold, A political ally of Abraham Lincoln, resided at 500 S. 8th Street from 1850-1879.  He served twice as the County Sheriff on the Whig Ticket.  The house was used as a school and in September of 1841, the Evangelical Lutheran congregation was organized at this location.