Dr. Bernard Stuve and his wife Mary received the home at
526 South Seventh Street as a gift from his father.
Mary was the daughter of Judge William Wilson. The home
is an Italianate structure built in 1869. The
Italianate style is exemplified by its low pitched roof,
square central core, tall narrow windows, and wide
overhanging eaves with ornate brackets.